About the University
University of Turku is located in Turku, Finland. It was established in 1920. The University of Turku is amongst the top 1% Universities of the world.
The University provides students with a platform to master problem-solving skills with education. High-standard, research-based education is important part of academics at University of Turku. All the programmes and courses are planned with extensive research designed in a way to meet the ambitions of the students. The best researchers and teachers work on the academics at the University of Turku.
The University has more than 25000 students and researchers, who are coming from 100 different countries. Internationality is the important and vital strategy of the University. They organize international conferences, workshops, seminars, trainings etc. for students to learn and be a part of global networks.
The University has interactive and inspiring learning environment for students. They believe in constant developments in their study environment. They provide various services like:
- IT services are free to use on campus for all the students.
- The Library of the University has excellent infrastructure with computers and other equipments. They have 1,149,000 books; 488,000 e-books; 26896 e-journals etc.
- Sports facilities where they have number of sports. They have 5 gyms, swimming pool etc.
Faculty of Medicine:
- Master’s Degree Programme in Biomedical Sciences
- Master’s Degree Programme in Future Health and Technology
- Master’s Degree Programme in Human Neurosciences
Tuition fees will not be charged from
- citizens of EU/EEA states or Switzerland
- family members of Finnish citizens
- holders of a permanent Finnish residence permit or a long-term resident’s EU residence permit
- holders of a fixed-term continuous residence permit (A)
- holders of an EU Blue Card
The University also offers partial or full waiver of tuition fees through Scholarship programmes for student on merit basis.